There are several recipes to cook Mexican tacos; this homemade recipe is the easiest. Home cooking is always more creative and healthier than food in restaurants.
Get ready and let’s start cooking tacos together.
Tacos are a traditional Mexican meal that has spread all over the world. People even celebrate this dish with tacos national day every year in the USA on October 4th. Briefly, it is small corn/maize tortillas filled with different varieties and garnished nicely. Those varieties satisfy everyone whether they like meat or seafood or they are vegetarian. The most famous traditional type known all over the world is al pastor tacos.
How can we cook homemade al pastor tacos?
First, we need to get all the ingredients before we start cooking.
Ingredients of the filling (5 servings)
- 1 kg boneless pork shoulder
- Some vinegar
- Some pineapple juice
- 1 pineapple, sliced
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- 5 small corn tortillas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 small cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut in half or into wedges
- 1 small cup salsa
- Cut the pork shoulder into slices and put them in a bowl. Leave aside.
- Prepare the marinade. In another bowl mix venigar, pineapple juice, cumin, pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano, chili powder and salt. Stir very well until everything is combined perfectly. The sauce should be as smooth as possible. The marinade is ready.
- Pour the marinade over the bacon slices and combine very well to allow the slices get coated on all sides. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. If possible, marinate overnight for better flavors and texture.
- Bake the bacon in a pre-heated oven on a wooden skewer. If the skewer is too high for your oven, trim it. On the baking tray, place a thick slice of pineapple and then push the skewer into it. Push the pork slices over the pineapple slice, staking and layering them together and finally push another thick slice of pineapple at the top of the skewer. Place the skewer vertically on the tray.
- Bake the skewered bacon in the oven slowly for 1-2 hours until bacon is ready.
- Get it out of the oven. Let it rest for 10 minutes then cut thin slices of pork and pineapple with a very sharp knife.
- To serve, put some pork and pineapple pieces on tortillas. On top, add onion pieces, cilantro pieces, salsa and avocado pieces.
- Serve with lime and enjoy your delicious meal!
What is best served with tacos al pastor
Mexican corn salad can go well with tacos al pastor. To prepare it, you will just need to mix fresh corn, onion, fresh cilantro, olive oil, vinegar and some lemon juice. Very simple!
Speaking of corn, there is a simple way to cook Mexican street corn. Put the frozen or fresh corn in foil and seal very well. Put it in a steam bath until ready.
Our dish can also go very well with Michelada. It is a Mexican cocktail consisting of tomato juice, lemon juice, hot sauce and Mexican beer (optional).
Fried Churros is perfect with tacos. It is fried pastry dough with cinnamon and sugar and a chocolate and caramel dipping sauce. This is nice if you prefer sweet treats.