Rocky Road is an easy recipe to make at home
Rocky Road Stop ordering from restaurants and read this recipe for home cooking.
Homemade Rocky Road can be as delicious and tasty as that you eat out. You don’t have time? Well, don’t worry as you will finish cooking and preparing your dessert in no time. It needs no baking in the oven. Also, keep in mind that cooking at home is exciting and fun with this easy recipe. You can customize things and ingredients the way you like as well. Rocky Road has first originated in Australia, but now it is a very popular dessert in the UK and the rest of the world.
So, read the following information and instructions and get prepared to cook the most delicious rocky road you’ve ever tried.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes Chilling: 1 hour
Pieces: 10 Calories: 180 / serving
Equipment to use:
- Food processor (optional)
- Tray or baking tin
- 100 grams butter salted or unsalted
- 200 grams chocolate, chocolate chips
- 200 grams biscuits or cookie crumbs
- 100 grams mini marshmallows, any flavor of your choice
- Some sugar or 3 tablespoons syrup
- Pecans or walnuts (optional): roughly chopped
- Break the biscuits: break the biscuits or digestive biscuits into small pieces or crumbs and put them in a large bowl. To make the recipe even simpler, use a food processor at this stage. An alternative here is cookie crumbs.
- Melt the chocolate and butter: Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave for about 1 minute and stir well once or twice meanwhile. You can also put the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan containing boiling water. Stir well until melted. You can also use a pan to melt the ingredients on pretty low heat.
- Add the sugar or syrup to the bowl of melted chocolate and butter and stir well.
- In the bowl of melted chocolate, put the biscuit crumbs, marshmallows, pecans or walnuts all together and move everything very well until well coated.
- Take spoonfuls of the mixture and drop them on a tray and chill for about 1 hour or until hard enough. Another alternative is to drop all the mixture in a baking tin and chill until hard enough to cut into pieces.
- After about an hour, take them out and put them in a nice dish, and enjoy the taste. Store in the fridge in a closed container for up to 1 week to serve later.
- In a baking tin, start with a layer of the biscuit or cookie crumb base.
- Over it, add a layer of melted marshmallows of whatever flavor you prefer. Melting marshmallows is similar to melting chocolate either in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan with simmering water.
- The last layer is the melted chocolate and butter. Add it slowly and carefully so that you cover the entire surface equally.
- Chill the rocky road until it is hard enough to cut into pieces with a knife.
- Serve the pieces and enjoy.
|rocky road ice cream
A very popular version of rocky road is rocky road ice cream. The main ingredients are rich and creamy chocolate ice cream, pieces of marshmallows or mini marshmallows, and crunchy nuts like almonds or walnuts. A little more chocolate flavor can be added to this mix to boost your mood.
Tips and Tricks
- Get all the ingredients and equipment in front of you before you start this homemade recipe. You need everything handy for faster preparation and to avoid getting your chocolate set while getting other ingredients.
- A mixture of dark and milk chocolate can be used in this dessert. Choose what suits your taste.
- Do not use the chocolate until it is smooth and completely melted. You don’t want chocolate lumps in the mixture.
- Let your rocky road set and become hard enough before you cut and serve. You don’t want pieces shaped differently.
- Store your rocky road pieces well in the fridge in an airtight container.
Is rocky road healthy?
Rocky road is a healthy dessert. The main ingredient which is chocolate is very nutritious, and it is a great source of antioxidants. It lowers blood pressure and reduces the risks of heart diseases and strokes. It also helps the memory as you get older, so it is powerful and essential for the elderly. You want your recipe to be even healthier? Go for sugar-free chocolate and marshmallows which you can purchase from certain supermarkets. This homemade recipe won’t only be healthier, but also will help some people lose weight.
This recipe is a well-known non-bake western dessert. Give this recipe a go and you will discover how super easy and delicious it is. Let your children give you a hand while cooking it and enjoy this chocolate blend at your next weekend family gatherings.