Soufflé at home Three Super Simple recipes!
Soufflé at home
Cooking food is a skill that everyone should have. Homemade food is way better than a restaurant or takeout food.
|cook homemade Souffle
When we prepare our recipes at home, we choose healthy options and easy cooking ways. Furthermore, preparing desserts is enjoyable as it can bring the family together while preparing or eating. Soufflé is a French dessert recipe you should try to make. Diverse Soufflé recipes are served as savory or sweetened dishes. It is a dish based on eggs and it is adaptable and can take various ingredients and flavors.
Soufflé and all its variations have two parts: the base and the meringue. The base can be bechamel for savory soufflé or sauce for sweet soufflé. The meringue, which is egg whites beaten to get firm, is the same for all soufflé recipes
Check out this article and select the Soufflé recipe you’d like to try.
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 300 ml milk
- 20 g cornflour
- 80 g egg yolk
- 200 g egg whites
- 80 g sugar
- Preheat the oven and prepare the cups you are going to use later by adding butter and sugar to the inside. Remove any excess sugar. Leave aside for later.
- Melt the chocolate. Cut the chocolate into small pieces and put it in a bowl over a pan with hot or simmering water. Whisk many times until it is melted and smooth with no lumps.
- Make the paste. In a pan, boil the milk then add the yolk and cornflour. Cook until the mixture thickens. The paste is ready now.
- Add the paste to the melted chocolate and mix very well.
- Make a meringue mixture. In a bowl, beat the egg whites with sugar until you get a fluffy meringue mixture.
- Add the meringue mixture to the mix and move gently with a spatula from the bottom to the top. The new battery is ready to bake in the oven.
- Pour the batter into the cups you prepared earlier and bake for almost 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the Soufflé after you sprinkle icing sugar on top. Enjoy the rich dessert with ice cream.
Lemon Soufflé at home
- 45 g flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 250 ml milk
- 60 g sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- lemon zest
- Mix the flour and butter in a large bowl very well until you get a paste.
- Put milk and sugar in a pan and let them boil.
- Add the pasta to the hot milk and whisk well. Make sure you have no lumps in the mixture. Keep whisking until you have a thick mixture. Leave aside to cool.
- Add egg yolks and lemon zest to the mixture and mix everything together quite well.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites with sugar until the mixture is white and firm. (you can use a food processor)
- Pour the egg whites onto the Soufflé base and mix gently from bottom to top.
- Butter and sugar the cups then pour the batter into the cups and put them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with some raspberries and enjoy the fluffiness.
Savory cheese Soufflé at home
|Savory cheese Soufflé
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Some milk
- Salt and pepper: to taste
- Spices (optional)
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- Some cheese: grated
- Brush the molds or cups with some butter and then coat them with some flour and leave aside.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter and add the flour then add milk and keep mixing until you have thick smooth bechamel. Now add salt and pepper and mix again. Set aside.
- Mix egg yolks together and then add them over the bechamel sauce. Add the cheese and keep mixing everything together.
- Move to the egg whites and mix very well in a food processor until white and firm.
- Combine the fluffy egg whites with the cheesy savory batter. Mix gently and the new fluffy batter is ready.
- Pour the batter in the cups you prepared earlier and add a sprinkle of grated cheese on top.
- Put in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Soufflé tips and facts
- Soufflé has special cups or molds called ramekins usually made of ceramic. If you don’t have them, don’t worry any cup will do.
- When you get the soufflé out of the oven, it will be super fluffy. Serve it immediately because after 5 minutes it will start to fall. You can do nothing about it.
- Do not get intimidated when you prepare the egg whites. You can do that; just make sure the food processor or the bowl you are using is clean and has no traces of fat at all.
Finally, there are limitless varieties of desserts worldwide and they vary in each country or culture. Soufflé, with all its variations, crossed the borders of France and visited all countries in the world and became a favorable option on menus.