Libyan cheese tagine
cheese tagine Libyan cuisine is one of the most popular African cuisines, due to its delicious and easy-to-prepare dishes.
There are many Libyan dishes, some of which are served as appetizers or as main dishes, including rice with mixture and cumin, grilled salad, keema, chermoula, and steamed rice.
Some types of tagine, especially the cheese tagine, are considered one of the most important meals that are prepared in Libya, and are classified under appetizers; It can be eaten in the morning for breakfast, dinner, or even lunch alongside another main dish.
The tagine is one of the most famous traditional dishes that North African countries, especially in Morocco, are famous for preparing. It is a bowl made of heavy clay or pottery, which is two pieces: the first is a deep and wide bowl, and the second is the lid that has a conical shape. In this article, we will learn how to prepare the famous Libyan cheese tagine easily and distinctively.
Libyan cheese tagine
- Six peeled potatoes
- 2 pieces of chicken breast, cleaned and washed well
- Six eggs
- Shredded cheese, as desired
- bunch of parsley
- Half a bunch of coriander
- Half a bunch of dill
- ½ cup pitted and chopped green olives
- Cinnamon stick
- bay leaf
- Half a teaspoon of hot red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper
- chopped onion
- A teaspoon of mixed spices
- Vegetable oil.
How to prepare
- Put the chicken breasts in a pot with a little oil on the fire
- add the cinnamon stick, bay leaf, a teaspoon of salt, and an amount of water
- leave it on the fire until it is completely cooked, then drain it from the water and leave it to cool a little and cut it into cubes
- Cut the potatoes into medium-sized cubes, then soak them in water with a little salt so that they do not change color for half an hour.
- Fry the potato cubes in vegetable oil, but without turning golden.
- Put the chicken cubes and the fried potatoes in a deep and wide bowl, and stir gently.
- We wash the coriander, parsley and dill well to get rid of the stuck dust, then chop it finely, then add it to the potatoes and chicken.
- Add salt, black pepper, hot red pepper, mixed spices and turmeric, and stir well until all ingredients are mixed with each other
- Add eggs and stir gently
- Add shredded cheese, green olives, and stir
- Put the previous mixture in the tajine bowl, and if you do not have it, you can replace it with any other tray or Pyrex
- Put it in the oven for half an hour, until it turns brown
- We take the cheese casserole out of the oven, then cut it, and serve it hot with any type of appetizer available.